To save anyone the hassle of finding out by trial and error, or perhaps trying to decipher convoluted forum threads, the process is as follows:
- Connect the camera to your computer via USB, start up EOS Utility (version 2.6 or later).
- Switch the camera's mode dial to a still picture mode, such as M.
- In EOS Utility's side panel, click the camera button to show the Shooting Menu. Click Register User Defined style.
- Choose one of the User Def tabs at the top, then click the Open File button. Choose the picture style file. The picture style is now on the camera.
- Switch the camera's mode dial to movie mode, click Register User Defined style again, then you will find your new picture style is in the drop-down list.
|You can upload picture styles whilst in a stills mode.|
|Once the picture style is uploaded, it can be chosen in movie mode.|