26 April 2012

BIAFF 2012

I'm pleased to report my two entries to the British International Amateur Film Festival (BIAFF) this year, Brew-hoo and The Wheels, were both awarded three stars! My short comedy Brew-hoo was screened on the Saturday.





Every entry receives a star rating (one to five stars, plus a special diamond award) and feedback from the judges panel. It is considered relatively difficult to achieve the higher star ratings; from 270+ entries this year, three were given a diamond award and ten were given five stars. For the barely-prepared Brew-hoo and the rather off the wall nature of The Wheels I am very pleased with the result. The feedback was very encouraging, more in-depth than I expected, and showed the judges understood the intent of the films even if the execution was lacking in certain areas.

My congratulations go out to Rochdale Movie Makers for their film Daylight which was awarded five stars and the Denham Gold Cup for Best Film by an Affiliated Club. Also congratulations to my friend Bob Lorrimer whose films The Steps and The Windermere Row were awarded four stars and three stars respectively. The Steps was screened on the Sunday evening. I assisted Bob with some of the cutaway shots on The Steps so I am particularly pleased to see it do well.

Also awarded three stars was The Skills Are Alive, a documentary by Trevor Spencer and Jim Kenworthy, fellow members of Huddersfield Film Makers Club, on the reconstruction of a bandstand in a local park.

No comments:

Post a Comment